The Mothers' Union is a Christian organisation which promotes the well-being of families worldwide. The purpose of the Mothers' Union is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
The aim of the society is the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life. In order to carry out this aim, its objectives are:
1) to uphold Christ's teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding
2) to encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church
3) to maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
4) to promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
5) to help those whose family life has met with adversity
Our branch meets monthly as a prayer group supporting the church, clergy, parish and the community. We offer help and support to St. Nick's Nippers, and also help regularly at St. Benedict's, the Lincoln Diocesan Mothers' Union Centre in Lincoln High Street, serving refreshments and offering friendship. Members of the congregation from St. Nicholas regularly join us in covering our time there, for which we are most grateful.